However, before you can smell any of that money, you have to put in the work. In a content marketing niche that is so competitive, you definitely need to deliver the best content for your blog to have any chance of surviving. However, is it the content that gives you a good blog post? Is there more to it? This is a must-read if you want to find out what makes a good blog post.
How to Write a Good Blog ?
POV: You’re just starting off a blog post for the first time. You have zero to little idea of what to do to make your blog post have that desired effect. Here are some practices that can help you write an even better blog post than you ever imagined:
1. Have a Blog: Obviously, you can’t publish a blog post without having a blog. There are two different ways to get your blog set up. You can either pay for a customized domain or start your blog on a blogging platform. The former will cost you more as you’ll have to pay for other services such as hosting and blog design.
However, you can start blogging for free with blogging sites like Medium and Tumblr. You can build a following and some revenue from these sites to start your own blog.
2. Know Your Audience: Before starting a blog post, you should identify the audience that post will cater to. Then, you need to find your best-performing competitors for that audience and find out what they’re doing right. That will give you ideas about what your audience likes and just how they like it. SEO tools like SEMRush or Ahrefs can help you to perform this analysis quite well.
3. Document Your Ideas: While doing your research and analysis, you will likely get a few ideas on what you want your blog post to look like. Always write it down! You might remember, but this is often not true. Those ideas will help in the next step below.
4. Create an Outline: If you’ll be writing your content yourself, you’ll need to pay special attention to the rest of this section. After finding out what your audience likes and getting your topic idea, an outline comes next. You should always put in as much time as necessary when preparing an outline. Your outline should be well detailed and have side notes to help you remember your thought process while creating the outline. The ideas you’ve noted down above will help.
If you spend enough time researching your outline, you’ll have attained mastery of the topic when you’re ready to write. As a matter of fact, bloggers who spend up to 6 hours working on their blog posts generate up to 31% better results than others. So, put in the work, and you’ll see the result.
5. Learn to Find Your Safe Space for Writing: As a writer, you’ll agree that particular conditions aid your productivity when writing. Some prefer to write in a spot with beautiful scenery while some prefer to write in a secluded space. Some people love playing music to aid their writing juices, while some prefer utter silence. Find what gets your writing mojo going and stick to it.
After finishing your article, the use of good editing tools like Grammarly and Hemingway Editor will finetune your article to the optimum level.
What Makes a Good Blog Post?
What elements of a blog post draw readers to it like bees to honey? How can you make your blog posts show your expertise in your field? We’ve answered these questions perfectly. The bullet points are the parts of your blog post you need to tend to in order to get that desired traffic:
1. Choose an Intriguing Topic: On the first page of Google, there are tens of search results. Why should yours be the one a random reader clicks on? You probably guessed the answer. Your topic! Your headline should be different from the flock and should arrest attention. It should make the reader wonder what you have to offer.
2. Find a Meta Description: If you’re not familiar with SEO, it’s possible you don’t know what a meta description is. Let’s explain this in simple terms. Remember the last time you searched for something on Google? Below each search result, a little paragraph shows what the article is about. That paragraph is a meta description. The meta description always comes directly after your topic.The function of the meta description is to boost your article’s position on Google’s search results. Because it contains the most-searched keywords for that particular search query at the start of the article, it makes it easier for Google to rank it higher. Hence, a meta description helps your blog post’s visibility.
3. A Killer Introduction: You’ll agree that the first impression is quite important in anything. If your article has a boring start, readers will most likely leave before even reading to any point. Your introduction should get your readers hooked and wanting more. One method that really helps is telling a short, relatable story. It helps your readers get into your mind and understand the purpose of your blog post.
4. Deliver Value: Value is what keeps your readers coming back. In the body of your article, make sure every line teaches your reader something they don’t know. Cut out the unnecessary fluff and show your expertise in your chosen field. Show your expertise and watch your loyal followers increase.
5. Call-to-Action/Conclusion: As a marketer or entrepreneur, your target is to get your readers to subscribe to your newsletter or get them to buy a particular product. If they’ve come that far to the end without clicking on your link, you want to make sure that they do not leave the page without clicking on that link. Make sure the conclusion provokes their action.
How Long Should A Good Blog Post Be?
There’s no specific rule stating how long your blog post should be. However, Statistics have shown that longer articles often have better visibility because of their comprehensiveness. However, you should keep in mind that the attention span of most readers is quite short nowadays. Hence, you should not make it too long. Any length between 500 – 2,500 words is generally considered to be adequate.
The definition of a ‘good blog post’ varies for different people. As an entrepreneur, it might be the post that generated the most subscriptions for your email list. Or the one that converted the most sales. Whatever your metrics are, make sure you study any article that achieves these metrics judiciously. After studying them, make sure you replicate the practices that got you those conversions or subscriptions.However, you need to stay creative and refreshing to keep your readers entertained. There should always be a new twist whenever they read a new blog post. Now, go create that killer blog post.